The Way I am
Well, at least Robert's definitely posted something on his FB himself this time. ;) — feralious
This is my favorite new part of his Facebook, which probably isn’t new but I just noticed it today:
It’s almost personal.
Someday maybe he’ll actually fix his birthday to the correct year.
About Robert Downey Jr.’s role in ‘Chef’
[WARNING: Spoilers for a cameo role.]
[Please don’t read if you don’t want to know further.]
[EDIT: Fixed ‘cause I just read RDJ’s part of the script]
- He is only in one scene.
- His role is literally only five pages of script.
- He plays a character named Marvin.
- He is Sofia Vergara’s (Inez) first husband.
- Inez prods Carl Casper (Jon Favreau’s character) to take up Marvin’s help.
- He owns a bunch of companies including leasing catering trucks.
- Marvin provides Carl the beaten-down food truck, which Carl restores and is central to the story.
- He only shares the scene with Jon Favreau.
- Early consensus of the film is generally good.
- (Though IndieWire hated the crap out of it.)
Favreau is a gifted comic actor and he breezes through his scenes here with effortless charm, even when his character is being a shitty, oblivious dad. (Favreau is only upstaged by Robert Downey, Jr., whose brief cameo as Casper’s food truck financier reminds us why Downey, Jr. is one of the most charismatic actors in Hollywood.)
Robert Downey Jr.’s part in ‘Chef’ is only a cameo role where he plays one of Sofia Vergara’s ex-husbands.
[source: Indie Wire]
We married when we were very young. Very young! I was 14 and he was 16. We had to, because the Japanese were taking over. They were raping the girls. I had to be married, and he loves me.
this lovely 86-year-old Filipino woman, whom I met two nights ago as I admitted her husband for COPD exacerbation, talking about the Japanese occupation of the Philippines during World War II.
"We have eight children, and all of them went to college. I didn’t go past Grade 4 but all our children did."
In light of that video of RDJ working out this Monday
RIP for now, RDJ’s tummy —
We’ll see you again after Ultron wraps filming.